A volume snapshot is a point-in-time copy or backup of a data volume attached to cloud instance. Volume snapshots are primarily used for data protection and recovery. They allow you to capture the state of a data volume at a specific moment in time, which can be crucial for restoring data in case of accidental deletions, data corruption, or system failures.
Snapshots can be used to revert an Instance back to an earlier state or to create a new instance based on the snapshot.
- Login to Eranyacloud console and open your instance details whose volume you want to snapshot.
- On Instance details navigate to Volumes action button:
- Click on Action button and select “Create Snapshot“
- Provide a meaningful name and description for the snapshot and click on “Create“
- Once it’s completed, navigate to volumes overview and your snapshot is ready for use.
Table Of Content