Create Private Network
A private network is a secure and isolated network that allows communication and data exchange between resources and services within a restricted environment. It provides an additional layer of security and control over your data and applications by preventing unauthorized access from the public internet. Private Networks provide the following:
- Enhanced Security: Private networks add an extra layer of security by isolating sensitive resources from the public internet
- Better Performance: Private networks can provide low-latency and high-speed connections between resources within the network.
- Compliance and Data Privacy: For organizations handling sensitive data, a private network ensures compliance with data protection regulations and enhances data privacy.
- Resource Isolation: It allows for better resource isolation, reducing the risk of resource contention and ensuring consistent performance.
- Cost Efficiency: Private networks can help reduce bandwidth costs when transferring data between cloud resources within the same cloud provider.
Each region comes with a Private Network by default. The default network is an auto-created Private Network with the following addressing scheme:
- DCI Indonesia : 172.16.0.0/16
- Faasri Datacenter : 172.16.0.0/16
Login to ERANYACloud portal and access to module Network
- Click ‘+’ button to create Private Network
- Adding new Network
User can fill in the following data:
- Name your Private Network and add a description.
- On CIDR, input the IP address allocation in the CIDR field for your Private Network (eg: 172.31.0.0/24).
- On Gateway IP, specify the IP address that serves as an entrance to other networks, such as the internet (eg: 172.31.0.1).
- On Allocation Pool Start, specify the IP address that will serve as the start of the DHCP allocation pool. (eg: 172.31.0.100).
- On Allocation Pool End, specify the IP address that will serve as the end of the DHCP allocation pool. (eg: 172.31.0.200).
- On Domain Name Servers, specify the IP addresses that will serve as the DNS for your Private Network. (eg: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168).
- On Region, choose a datacenter Region where your Private Network should be created and click on Save.
Table Of Content